There was a march recently in some of the larger cities to protest Sharia Law. Keep in mind they weren’t necessarily protesting Muslims, as there are a lot of Muslims that don’t agree with Sharia Law either, they were simply protesting Sharia Law as a whole. That wasn’t such a big deal in and by itself. What was a big deal was the number of people that showed up to protest the protesters! They were calling people ‘Islamophobes’ and claiming they were a ‘hate group’. One sign I saw even said “Queers for Muslims”. More on that in a moment.
As I read the different articles on these marches the article from CNN really stuck out to me. It seemed very slanted and appeared to prey on those that haven’t spent much time doing their homework. CNN was less than fair to the protesters, Act for America. Below is the article CNN ran concerning the protests. Notice how they try to paint the protesters as somewhat ‘rowdy’ and claim they are “a recognized Islamophobic hate group.” I also want you to pay special attention to what they say about Sharia Law.
“The word Sharia means “the path,” or “a road that leads one to water.” It refers to a set of principles that govern the moral and religious lives of Muslims. Sharia is based on Islam’s holy book, the Quran, and the life of Prophet Mohammed.”
If you follow the link CNN, in another article, goes on to say that Sharia Law is as follows,
“Sharia is based on Islam’s holy book, the Quran, and the life of prophet Mohammed. The majority of it concerns the faith of the individual and how to practice Islam, along with guidance on when to pray and how to fast during Ramadan.
Shariah law, according to Muslims, includes “the principle of treating other people justly, of making sure that the financial system treats people fairly … and most importantly the basic principles of Islamic fate,” says Harvard Law professor Noah Feldman.
It encompasses things like marriage, divorce, inheritance and punishments for criminal offenses.”
Well now that doesn’t seem too bad! What’s the problem? Especially the whole “treating other people justly” and “making sure that the financial system treats people fairly”. What liberal wouldn’t eat that up! HOO RAH SHARIA LAW! Here’s the link.
As a Christian Apologist I am deeply interested in what other religions teach. If we are to know why we believe what we believe it is paramount that we also understand what other people believe so we can compare and contrast the different worldviews. This background and education allow me to give all of you ‘the other side’ of the argument. A deep look into the Quran and other Muslim books will give you what Sharia Law really lays out. Fortunately, you don’t have to do this since a 5 second Google search will give you the same information. On a side note, this is how lazy our society has become. A quick Google search would show just how wrong CNN is on their portrayal of Sharia Law but we live in an environment where the motto “I don’t have time to think for myself…..just go ahead and tell me what to think” is the overwhelming standard.
Here are some of the tenets of Sharia Law. You know…..the stuff CNN is conveniently leaving out because it doesn’t seem to fit their agenda.
• Theft is punishable by amputation of the right hand.
• Criticizing or denying any part of the Quran is punishable by death.
• Criticizing Muhammad or denying that he is a prophet is punishable by death.
• Criticizing or denying Allah is punishable by death.
• A Muslim who becomes a non-Muslim is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim who leads a Muslim away from Islam is punishable by death.
• A non-Muslim man who marries a Muslim woman is punishable by death.
• A man can marry an infant girl and consummate the marriage when she is 9 years old.
• Girls’ clitoris should be cut. (A woman who can’t have sexual pleasure is less likely to stray from her husband)
• A woman can have 1 husband, a man can have up to 4 wives
• A man can beat his wife for insubordination.
• A man can unilaterally divorce his wife; a woman needs her husband’s consent to divorce.
• A divorced wife loses custody of all children over 6 years of age or when they exceed it.
• Testimonies of four male witnesses are required to prove rape against a woman.
• A woman who has been raped cannot testify in court against her rapist(s).
• A female heir inherits half of what a male heir inherits.
• A woman cannot drive a car.
• Homosexuality is punishable by death. (Including binding their hands and feet and throwing them off of a building)
This is “treating other people justly”? Now why on earth would CNN not tell their viewers these things? Not only is Sharia Law in conflict with most everything liberals stand for but it’s in conflict with what most humans stand for! Forget political parties! Sharia Law is anti-human and should be protested by every sane person in the world and yet we have people in favor of Sharia Law and news organizations like CNN down playing what it actually is and what it stands for. Disgusting what our society is disintegrating into. It is a fallen world.
Earlier I mentioned the “Queers for Muslims” sign that was being held at one of the events. Here is a video all of you should watch. I want you to pay special attention to who made that video. You’ll see it at the very end. Don’t be lazy. Find the truth.